Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eureka CD release




Last Friday we had a Long Gone CD release at The Eureka Opera House in, oddly enough, Eureka Nevada. The weather was as perfect as a January day can be in the heart of Nevada. That is to say it was about fifteen degree's warmer than Salt Lake was when we left in the mid afternoon soup (what other folks call air.) The turn out for the show was good considering we had to compete with a the Vandals (Eureka County High School) home basketball game. All in all there were about fifty folks. Performing in the round, Myself, Gigi Love, Paul Ramussen and Doug Wintch shared the stage told stories and sang a mixture of original material and songs of Utah, both the man and the state.Some of the songs we sang were "The Goodnight Loving Trail", "Ragged Old Man", "Starlight on the Rails" and "I Think of You." Wally Cuchine is the perfect producer and host. He put us up in the motel across the street from the opera house and paid us before the performance! Only in Eureka. I'm so grateful that we got to do a show in the opera house before Wally retires in February. Folks in Eureka are friendly the crowd at the show was great and the Owl has plenty of PBR's, what else can you ask for.

Next gig January 26th at the Freight and salvage in Berkeley, CA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Duncan,

I am so sad to hear of your Dad's passing. I met him back in the 80's
back at Stockton State College in NJ where he performed at a Folk Festival I helped to put together. I then saw him performed in New Mexico years later, and he actually remembered me! He said I am a story teller, of course I remember you, and said where he met me before I had the chance. His voice was a amazing, his songs, so powerful. I am filled with alot thoughts of him!