Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hello


For anyone still reading the blog and lives anywhere near Blue Hill Maine there is a benefit show tonight at the Blue Hill Congregational Church for Utah.

I spoke with dad a couple of days ago and he was on his way to the library. He has set aside some time every week to work on a long over due book detailing his great walk about. After forty plus years and two million miles on the road it should be a very interesting and enlightening read.

Dad has been home now for a little over a month and he continues to do better than any of us expected. Last week he went to the Cesar Chavez memorial , spoke a few words and had a wonder full day. Like all of us he has his good days and bad days but now his good days are out numbering the bad ones. He continues to try and gain back some of the weight he lost last month and is hopefull he may be able to restart is cardiac rehab classes in the near future. He really enjoys the cardiac classes, besides the work out for his heart he loves the socialization with the other members of the class, over the years they have all become good friends and as good friends do, look out for each other.

I know I haven't updated the blog as regularly as I should but I do check it every day for other posts. To be honest aside from the ocatinoall e-mail I'm not sure if anybody reads it any more. The good thing about checking the e-mail is that everyday I find out that I've won several lotteries cured my impotence found an old girl friend and can now at long last retire, isn't spam mail great...?
I am continuing to work on my new web site that will host Utah Phillips Museum of sorts. I will let you know when it is up and running.
Thanks again for the e- mails and posts it always was and will continue to be nice to hear from all of you.
Duncan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure people are checking, Duncan. Perhaps we don't take the time to write, but we're very interested in Utah's progress.

mugwort said...

ditto. i am so grateful for all the news. especially since its good news! thanks for the updates duncan.

Maya said...

I always read it, but I'm just a fan and don't have anything to say... I'm sure there are more folks like me...

Glad to hear Utah is doing well - he's such an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

You're durn right we're readin' it, Duncan. Keep up the good work -- it's very much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

We're out here and we're reading. Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Don't think we are not checking this site Duncan. We all care and KNOW, no news is GOOD news.It makes me feel good every day knowing you all are doing well. Take err easy!!!! Keith Bednar

e said...

I've been checking this blog every couple of days. Thank you so much for the updates.